Great Products Deliver Great Experiences
Sensory methods utilize the skills of respondents who are screened based on their sensory acuity, and are trained on evaluating a specific product on a given scale. Our researchers train and lead sensory experts who will assist to meet your goals in sensory evaluation & profiling benefit-sensory linking, and quality assurance.
- Discriminative – This brief and precise test method determines if there is a detectable (ingredient) difference among two or more products.
- Descriptive – Quantitative Descriptive Analysis (QDA) compares and contrasts products at the specific attribute level. Insight Evolution takes the following step-by-step approach:
- Initiate category screening process
- Generate relevant (category-related) consumer language
- Translate consumer language into technical, measurable terms
- Train respondents on quantitative sensory scaling method
- Work closely with client to develop/utilize training references for the various points of the scale
- Develop evaluation protocol
- Run pilot tests
- Validate panel – ready to profile
- Sensory Quality Assurance – Ensures the consistency of the product experience